Efficient, Effective Strategies
Martorella, Jason A.
- Appeals and Trial-Level Support
- Trial-Level Litigation
- Business Transactions
Jason A. Martorella centers his practice on assisting businesses and individuals involved in business transactions and complex commercial disputes. He has achieved successful results for his clients through creative and effective approaches to negotiation and advocacy and treats every engagement as an opportunity to strengthen his relationships and reputation within the business community. Jason has extensive experience in a wide array of substantive areas of law across multiple jurisdictions.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- Juris Doctor
- University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
State Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Representative Reported Decisions
- Music on Wheels, LLC v. SHEDDF2-FL5 LLC, No. 3D22-0324, 2023 Fla. App. LEXIS 2712 (Fla. 3d DCA Apr. 19, 2023)
- Llanso v. SHEDDF2-FL3, LLC, 346 So. 3d 1221 (Fla. 3d DCA 2022)
- Reliabill Solutions, LLC v. Milestone Detox, LLC, No. 20-60890, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 170817 (S.D. Fla. Sep. 9, 2021)
- Kipu Sys. LLC v. Zencharts LLC, No. 17-24733, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 67633 (S.D. Fla. Apr. 6, 2021)
- Kipu Sys. LLC v. Zencharts LLC, No. 17-24733, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26522 (S.D. Fla. Feb. 10, 2021)
- Fahed v. Univ. of Miami, 307 So. 3d 114 (Fla. 3d DCA 2020)
- Strahlberg v. Covino, No. SC19-1940, 2020 Fla. LEXIS 219 (Fla. Feb. 11, 2020)
- City of Miami Beach v. 3098 Alton Road, LLC, 307 So. 3d 86 (Fla. 3d DCA 2020)
- Kipu Sys. v. Zencharts, No. 17-24733, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 223274 (S.D. Fla. Oct. 16, 2019)
- Inter Am. Coal, S.A. v. SHE DDF2-FL2, LLC, No. SC18-1904, 2019 Fla. LEXIS 1290 (Fla. July 17, 2019)
- Strahlberg v. Covino, 283 So. 3d 376 (Fla. 3d DCA 2019)
- Inter Am. Coal, S.A. v. SHE DDF2-FL2, LLC, 255 So. 3d 432 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018)
- Mager v. ECC, P.L., 222 So. 3d 1220 (Fla. 3d DCA 2017)
- Saul v. Cahan, 153 A.D.3d 947 (N.Y. App. Ct. 2017)
- Brenmar Holdings v. RREF RB SBI. II-FL BHL, LLC, 160 So. 3d 439 (Fla. 3d DCA 2015)
- Saul v. Cahan, 45 Misc.3d 1214 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2014)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016-2023
- Lawyers of Distinction 2023
- Florida Trend Florida Legal Elite Up & Comer 2020
- Top 20 Jury Verdicts 2019: Florida
Notable Case Results
- Helped secure summary judgment foreclosing prominent Miami Beach hotel and adjudging borrower liable for over $82 million.
- Represented liquidating trustee in $2.75 million settlement of action against former officers and directors of public company that owned artifacts recovered from shipwreck of RMS Titanic.
- Tried case involving unfair competition by software development company to $19.5 million favorable federal jury verdict.
- Represented members in $1 million partnership dispute resulting in favorable final order after bench trial.
- Secured appellate order affirming writ of mandamus compelling municipality to perform legal duty and leading to settlement of claim for inverse condemnation.
- Represented real estate brokerage and investor in $18.4 million dispute arising from joint venture to assemble and develop extensive swath of commercial property.
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section
- Florida Bar Business Law Section
- Lee County Bar Association
- Fort Myers Flying Club